Chocolate Donuts with Matcha Glaze
Chocolate and matcha make an unexpectedly good match, and it is proven in this recipe for cakey chocolate donuts with a slightly buttery matcha glaze.
– 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
– 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa, sifted
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– Pinch of salt
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1/2 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
– 1 large egg
– 2 tablespoons neutral-flavored vegetable oil
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 teaspoons Kiss Me Organics Culinary Grade matcha powder, leveled off
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- NOTE: You will need a donut pan for this recipe, if that isn't already quite obvious!
- 1.) Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease the inside of a donut pan’s cavities. Set aside.
- 2.) In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, sugar, and salt. In a separate small bowl, whisk together milk, egg, oil, and vanilla extract. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir / fold to combine.
- 3.) Transfer mixture to a pastry bag or a gallon-sized seal-top plastic bag; if using plastic bag, cut off small corner to pipe out mixture. Evenly pipe mixture into cavities of donut pan.
- 4.) Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and place pan on cooling rack for 15 minutes; carefully remove donuts from pan and allow to continue cooling on cooling rack.
- 5.) Once donuts are room temperature, melt butter (either on the stovetop or in a microwave) and allow to cool slightly, 2 - 3 minutes. Add matcha and vanilla and mix until combined. Place confectioners' sugar in a large bowl. Add in butter matcha mixture and stir to combine. Add in milk, one tablespoon at a time, and mix until combined. Carefully dip one side of a donut into the glaze and place on cooling rack to drip dry, glaze side up. Allow glaze to set and dry for at least 30 minutes.
Submit Your Recipe
Have an incredible recipe you'd like to share with us? We'd love to publish it!
Feel Free to hit the button below to contribute to puretastetoday.